Better Cotton Initiative
Member of group/association
Apparel and Carpets
Biodegradable and Recycling, CSR, Energy Efficiency, Environmental Management, Ethical Trade, Organic, Waste and Chemicals Management, Water Related, Worker Safety
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) is primarily focussing on the following
* To demonstrate the inherent benefits of Better Cotton production, particularly the financial profitability for farmers
* To reduce the impact of water and pesticide use on human and environmental health
* To improve soil health and biodiversity
* To promote Decent Work for farming communities... more
* Producers need to meet the _x001C_ Minimum Production
Criteria_x001D_ , which are the initial core requirements, to become a BCI member. _x001C_ Minimum Production Criteria_x001D_ are the starting point in a cycle of continuous improvement required by BCI.
* Products produced by BCI members do not have a BCI label.
* Large brands and retailers have committed to invest both... more
Go to Standards Map At a Glance Sheet